Datafeed vendors

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
Peter G

Datafeed vendors

Post by Peter G »

When trying to design systems, platforms, software etc., I'm a firm believer in that the basic buidling blocks need to be ultra-high quality. For example if you get bad data from a quote vendor, it doesn't really matter how much money or time you spend on front-ends and system design, the results will still be flawed.

Therefore I'm halfway down the road of wanting to design my own data repository and filter to be used with for example TenFore as a vendor, and halfway thinking that things like eSignal are supposedly such good quality that designing my own is a waste of time. I'm shying away from TradeStation, although I'm not entirely sure why :) - It just seems so retail/marketing oriented which makes me uncomfortable, but maybe I'm wrong.

It would be great to hear other peoples experiences and opinions about the quality of various vendors and about their approaches towards data storage.
Bondtrader
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Bondtrader »

The systems I trade using monthly bars, are quite insensitive to the quality of the data feed.