Adding new markets to existing system

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
mktmkr
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Adding new markets to existing system

Post by mktmkr »

Is there a way I can add new products to my existing system without starting over from scratch and/or having this new market reflected in my system p/l?

Basically I have tested new markets and want to start trading them but not sure how to add them to the system without either starting from scratch or having trades that did not occur show up in my trading history. Thanks!
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

If you are a Blox customer you can access the "Support" area of this website, which includes this discussion thread: viewtopic.php?t=7193
LeapFrog wrote:Let's say one has been trading a given portfolio of instruments for some time period and, due to pure luck or ingenious system design and trading skills their trading equity cup is filled and spilling over and they now want to expand that portfolio by adding, say, more foreign instruments.

How would one go about doing this while maintaining their existing historical portfolio and Order Generating setup?

Maybe one or more of the new instruments is already a trade in progress, based on the system's design. But with the New Year's resolution of damning all the torpedoes, these new instruments only get added to the portfolio January 1st.

What would be a good way to manage this do you think?

After some suggestions were made, and a bit of general discussion, LeapFrog wrote Blox code which accomplished his goals. He made this code available for other Blox customers to download. Perhaps it would be useful to you as well (assuming you've got Blox).
mktmkr
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by mktmkr »

Thanks Sluggo. I am using Blox but the link to that message doesn't seem to work. I'm search further.
mktmkr
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by mktmkr »

Hey sluggo, if I am a Trading Blox customer where would I find the "support" section? I can't seem to get that link working for me.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

1. Go to the Trader's Roundtable Forum Index at index.php

2. Scroll down to "Trading Blox Customer Support" (red box in attached image)

3. Click on the words "Trading Blox Support"

If you don't see "Trading Blox Support" then the Roundtable Forum website software doesn't know you are a paying customer. In that case, contact the Trading Blox sales team. Remind them that you have already paid actual money for a Blox license, including access to the Customers Only portions of the website, and would like to receive it now, please.
Attachments
jklm.png
jklm.png (87.37 KiB) Viewed 6334 times
mktmkr
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by mktmkr »

Thx sluggo indeed that was the case otherwise I'm sure I would've found it.