TBB Code Verifier?

Questions and discussion of Trading Blox and other platforms for non Trading Blox customers. Trading Blox customers should use the Trading Blox Support forum.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

TBB Code Verifier?

Post by Roscoe »

I would like to help a friend write some code in TBB - is there some kind of a verfier package that would allow me to check for compile errors before sending the code to him for testing/use? (I don't use TBB myself). I am assuming that I can just use a text editor to actually write the code. TIA.
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim Arnold »

The TBB blox basic code is comprised of various parameters, indicators, variables, blox, and scripts. You need to create the systems from within TBB, since they are all interconnected to the outerloop of execution.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

Thanks Tim. So TBB is like TradeStation in that the code editor is wrapped inside the application to prevent external editing?
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Tim Arnold »

Some customers use external text editors to create blox, they are just transparent xml files in their raw form.

Setting up the parameters, indicators, and variables would be easier in the TBB editor since it is all just point and click. The code is just text, so that is fine either way. The tough part as you pointed out is not being able to run the code and verify that things are working as expected.

If you want more info, help, or suggestions with your particular situation feel free to email me.
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Here's a complete TBB system

Post by sluggo »

Just so you can see how real live TBB code actually looks, I attach a zip archive of a (less than stellar) system named XMR_candlestick. There are three files in the archive. The one that ends in ".tbs" is the System, you can think of it as the parent block of code. The two that end in ".tbx" are Blox (subroutine scripts), which you can think of as children.

It's XML but it's also pure ascii. Therefore you could, theoretically, edit it using Notepad or vi or emacs, but XML isn't so easy for humans to read. I might suggest you TRY editing it using Netscape Composer which may be more comfortable working directly with XML. Or else if you've got Macromedia Dreamweaver lying around :? maybe that could work.
Attachments
candle_sys_TBB.zip
(1.9 KiB) Downloaded 742 times
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

Thanks sluggo, but I think I will have to leave my friend on his own. I was hoping that I could write and compile like I do every day in C++ then just have him test the code but that is not to be it seems. I'm sure that the TBB user community will be able to answer his questions and help him along the way.