Synthesis Bank?

Discussions about brokerage firms for futures, stocks and other tradeable instruments.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Synthesis Bank?

Post by Roscoe »

www.synthesisbank.com Does anyone here know anything about this broker? They have what looks like quite a decent trading platform and their fees are OK (~$6 round turn for futures). Perhaps some of our European members may know of them? Thanks in advance.
Old European
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Old European »

Avoid them. They have a reputation of being very unreliable.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

Thanks for that Old European, they do have a sort of 'bucket shop' feel to them but I can't put my finger on it.

Is there anyone in Europe that you would care to recommend?
ecritt
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by ecritt »

Roscoe,

What are you trying to do? Calyon and Fimat have excellent coverage in Europe. IB has good coverage and dirt cheap executions.

ec
Old European
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Old European »

Man Financial. Not the cheapest player, but good fill quality and very reliable.
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

ecritt wrote:What are you trying to do? Calyon and Fimat have excellent coverage in Europe. IB has good coverage and dirt cheap executions.
ec
Hi ecritt. I'm trying to find a broker with the following:
1. An order platform that is intuitive to use and does not confuse the heck out of me (which IB's does) and where I can try it first with a demo account to see if I can 'drive' it (again, IB does not appear to offer a 'practise' account, just a canned demo);
2: Covers some pit-traded things such as CBOT Corn;
3. High reliability!
4: Has reasonable fees/costs/margin requirements - not looking for 'bargin basement' here, just not exorbitant is all

Old European, I have looked at MAN before but that clunky M-Trade order platform is kind of rough unless it has been updated recently. Their margins are pretty steep too, at least they were the last time that I looked: about twice that of most US brokers.

Open E-Cry is another contender - nice order platform, etc.