Keltner Bands?

How do you know when a trend has started? Ended? This forum is for discussions about trend indicators and signals.
demons19
Contributor
Contributor

Keltner Bands?

Post by demons19 »

I am semi-new to trading but everytime I place keltner bands or MA envelopes on intraday price, it just seems like there must be a way to use these things in real time. Does anyone have any practical experience or opinions on these things?
Thanks
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

I dont have any experience but John Hill's book "the ultimate trading guide" has a good chapter that explains how to use them. If you dont decide to there are plenty of other good ideas you could use :)

John
demons19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by demons19 »

How practical are the ideas in that book?

I ask this because I have a bookcase full of stuff from 20 different authors and I cant make any of it work!.....or worse yet, its garbage.

Or, maybe its me :(
Kiwi
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Kiwi »

Actually, if you cant make some of the ideas in his book work then it is you :lol:

Sorry, I couldnt resist that. :oops: Yes, I think Keltner bands are a practical (but discretionary) approach but if you dont like them he has some good practical approaches to system development. Quite a number of name brand systems use the basic approaches he discusses. From memory he was weak on money management though.

John
demons19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by demons19 »

Thats ok John, I am more than open to the possibility that it is ME :D

I will check it out, thanks