listed alternatives

Discussions specific to trading the stock market.
budonk
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

listed alternatives

Post by budonk »

does anyone here invest in listed alternative funds? i am speaking of the trend of KKR, Goldman, etc to list funds on foreign exchanges (mostly London, Amsterdam, Australia, Canada, etc). Lots of Fund of Funds that list too.

Anyone have any favorites?

It seems like a very simple way for the US investor to skirt the accredited investor rule.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 984059.htm
budonk
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by budonk »

bump
budonk
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by budonk »

i find it suprising that no one invests in listed alternatives. . .

i think its only a matter of time before you see one listed in the US. . .
BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by BARLI »

majority of members on this forum like and are passionate about trading their own ideas instead of investing it in funds. Notice Victor Niederhoffer was best fund manager for 3 straight years in 90's, he wanted to be even better and decided to invest into those exotic things like thai banks. His experience was bad with that. He invested more than half of his equity into thai banks which stocks fell 90% and they fell lower afterwards. He said: in US banks after been down 90% go up, but not in Thailand. Jim Rogers started a good commodity fund in 1998 and it was up 300% in 2004 because of great bull markets in energies, metals and grains. However its an index fund and no one's managing it, Jim remain bullish on commodities till 2015 but what if he's wrong and no one wants that Oil tomorrow cos tonight japanese will invent another energy source? :wink: