Good Non Corrleated System

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
Chris67
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Good Non Corrleated System

Post by Chris67 »

Ok Here's an interesting one !!!

A system where you could invest 10%? of your equity into a long term system that is perfectly non - corelated to TF (-0.15). Its simple to use , only involves 1 single trade ever ! This system "appears" to make money in 95% of the months that my TF systems lose money looking back to 1992 - I belive this system could be improved by the use of reblancing during times when it has out-performed TF and when TF has out-performed it ! For example it could possibly have got you out of a chunk of TF positions and into positions that made very good money from Jan 2009 till now !

Im absolutely happy to post the system here but I want a firm commitment of some help on the rebalancing issues - at present I have a column of data that is effectively the spread between my TF systems AND this new system - I would like some help on mathemtical formulas I could use in Excel that can be set to rebalance automatically i.e. after a run-up / after a draw down - I dont believe that part of the process is quite as simple as it at first sounds - my excel work is okay but Im finding this one a bit hard and simply havent got the time!!

So if its a deal I'll post this ground breaking piece of work ?>
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

Hope it works out, thanks in advance!
Chris67
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Chris67 »

Sluggo - Im being slightly fecetious - BUT I do have a system and it does make money in 95% of the months that TF loses - its all honest Guv.... promise
:D
Eventhorizon
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Eventhorizon »

Chris,

You would probably want to use Ralph Vince's LSPM to explore part of this issue. Not something you can do in excel, but I could certainly do it for you in R!

PM me if your interested in exploring this further.
CyTrend
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by CyTrend »

i've been staring at my screen for the last three days Chris. Has the deal been reached yet?
Chris67
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Chris67 »

HEHE - Not a sniff - Its working like a dream today - nobody wants to know though !!!