free end of day quote NT service for some friendly advice.

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
TradingCoach
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

free end of day quote NT service for some friendly advice.

Post by TradingCoach »

I have a freebie for some advice. Look at this code and tell me a smart way to merge these tables that I create into a final repository.
The way the software works is you just say daily download and give a list of symbols. and the service will do the rest. load end of day prices into the tables for you to do as you please. Forever for free!!!

I need a smart way to roll these into a final place so table CLH4 should roll into Crude on March 15 or somewhere around that time. and kick in the next month semi automatically otherwise a service is not a service.

Base assumptions the expirations are roughly end of the months so 15th could be a good cutoff and roll over trigger....??

The code needs dotnet framework.

a winner of the good idea will receive the final product FREE....these could be multiple people...
Last edited by TradingCoach on Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
verec
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by verec »

TradingCoach:

1. Where's the code?
2. If you want the widest possible pool of people able to help, do not use exotic things like .net that no-one uses (the real world uses Java :lol: on my side of the Atlantic, at least ... )
3. GTC = Good Till Cancelled

Hiramhon:

Please, don't kill my market! I charge at least four times as much! :D
TradingCoach
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

There are Java coders at Starbucks here in CA.

Post by TradingCoach »

Java ? I thought you are a seafaring and tea drinking people?
(Try to write an NT service with Java..... :)
verec wrote:TradingCoach:

1. Where's the code?
The code has been removed.
2. If you want the widest possible pool of people able to help, do not use exotic things like .net that no-one uses (the real world uses Java :lol: on my side of the Atlantic, at least ... )
3. GTC = Good Till Cancelled

Hiramhon:

Please, don't kill my market! I charge at least four times as much! :D
verec
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by verec »

(Try to write anything that also works on Smart Cards, PDAs, Mobiles, Linux and Macs with .net 8) )