Trading Frequency Poll - Feel free to participate!

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.

What is your typical annual trade frequency per product, in your current live systems?

1-3 trades per year
18%
2-6 trades
8%
4-12
13%
8-24
3%
16-48
37%
My broker loves me more than his wife.
21%

Total votes: 38

rabidric
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Trading Frequency Poll - Feel free to participate!

Post by rabidric »

A Simple question, feel free to post in the thread to identify that you have answered the poll, or do not, and remain anonymous!

The reason for the overlapping bins is because there is often a noticeable variance around the mean trade-rate, from one year to the next, so just pick the answer that best fits the range of your trade-rate.

Would be nice to collect a rough overview of stats of the forum users.
rabidric
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rabidric »

"I haev participate"
rabidric
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rabidric »

thanks for the votes, keep 'em coming.
rabidric
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rabidric »

for the high traderate replies , one could ask:

Whether the high trade rate is because you trade a few very active strategies, or many slower ones, do you feel that it real trading you can "feel" the benefits of all that activity?

Consider your backtests irrelevant for the moment, the reason i ask the question that way, is because personally when i have attempted "busy bee" approach, i ended up feeling that my live trading was not actually reducing my pain in the way i predicted. I felt that i was ultimately incurring the same pain as if i just had a looser strategy and took more of the untraded swings the market naturally sent my way.

In a way, even if the process is mechanical and preconceived, each trade decision costs you something mentally, in that it holds your process up to be judged. I believe that this "tax" eventually encourages one to trade less frequently the longer one's trading career is.

What do you think?