Ed Seykota

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
AFJ Garner
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Ed Seykota

Post by AFJ Garner »

I am sure many of us on this forum keep an eye on Ed's Trading Tribe site: www.seykota.com . For those who do not, I thought I would just mention that there have been enormous improvements over the past few months for those interested in the pure trading side as opposed to the physchology of the TT process. The Trading System Project instituted by Ed has thrown up some interesting discussions and is well worth following. It looks set to continue to grow and improve.
TK
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by TK »

I agree. A detailed instruction on how to design and test trading systems delivered by Seykota himself is definitely worth following. One of the topics to be covered that I look forward to is Dynamic Portfolio Selection but with Seykota's attitude to time ("there's no past or future, we are living in the now" etc.), it looks today like a looong wait :wink:
Javelin

Post by Javelin »

That's good to hear. I used to follow that site, but found myself having less and less time to wade through the myriad cryptic remarks and partial statements. It would be nice to see the discussions of trading to balance the psychobabble, not that that's a bad thing.
J