20/10 Channel Breakout Results In Mechanica

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
Dean Hoffman
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

20/10 Channel Breakout Results In Mechanica

Post by Dean Hoffman »

This post is pretty elementary for most forum members. However, new traders may have an interest.

Somebody asked me to generate a report in Mechanica simply using a 20 day high/low entry with a 10 day high/low exit and a 3 * 15 ATR position sizing method. (Yes I know its not the turtle system).

Mechanica generates a mountain of performance data with Monte Carlo sims etc. I figured this Excel report with 25+ separate tabs (pages) of reports would be of interest to some. If for no other reason than to see Mechanica's reporting style. (it can do FAR more complex reporting but I had to limit it somewhere!)

Maybe this will spark something new for someone.

Regards,
Dean Hoffman
Attachments
20 10 channelbreakout.xls
(1.07 MiB) Downloaded 1948 times
blueberrycake
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by blueberrycake »

That's a lot of reports! Do you have a link to learn more about this software?

-bbc
Dean Hoffman
Roundtable Fellow
Roundtable Fellow

Post by Dean Hoffman »

Not sure what the most current status is, the best bet is talking to Bob Spear himself. Or check out sister product Trading Recipes at www.tradingrecipes.com

Dean Hoffman
www.traderstech.net
damian
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by damian »

hmmm, this is almost marketing. 8)
Roscoe
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Roscoe »

Hi Dean, thanks for the post, interesting indeed. Do you have any control over the report content or is it all canned? Ditto the charts? TIA.
damian
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by damian »

damian wrote:hmmm, this is almost marketing. 8)
I am humble. Having taken some time to look at the analysis available.... it sets a good standard! And if it is marketing then to be honest, it is effective.

All powerful system coding environments need a powerful performance analysis engine as well.