Any trendfollowers

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
Chelonia
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Any trendfollowers

Post by Chelonia » Mon May 22, 2017 8:33 am

Hi All,

I was just wondering if there are still some trendfollowers out here who may want to engage in a testing/trading discussion. What are you doing at the moment, how have you done over the last, lets say, 5 years. Just trying to get some discussion going as trendfollowing can be lonely and frustrating from time to time. 8)

Wisdom
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Re: Any trendfollowers

Post by Wisdom » Sun May 28, 2017 11:34 am

It's hard to get excited about a strategy with only 1 good year out of the last 5. Probably why this forum has been so quiet lately. But, I suspect better markets are coming.
Shane Wisdom
www.wisdomtrading.com

Wisdom
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by Wisdom » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:18 am

http://news.morningstar.com/articlenet/ ... ?id=810657

It's probably a good time to start that trend following system again if you're not trading through this drawdown.

Shane Wisdom
www.wisdomtrading.com

sethd

Post by sethd » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:39 am

I took my first system live 6/1. I've been testing and researching for the past six months. Seems like a good time to begin since TF has been a rough slog the past couple of years.