ASCII Files

Discussions about the testing and simulation of mechanical trading systems using historical data and other methods. Trading Blox Customers should post Trading Blox specific questions in the Customer Support forum.
Carlopp
Contributor
Contributor

ASCII Files

Post by Carlopp »

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to use metastock data converted to ascii from premium data Converter (PDC) because I want to use/test weekly Data bars in trading blox.
What is the process for trading blox to read ascii/txt files? I've tried to do it but am finding it a little tricky has anyone done this before can anyone help. :?
Tim Arnold
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: ASCII Files

Post by Tim Arnold »

For stocks you should be able to just point the stock data folder to this new location that contains the text data files. If they are in a symbol.txt format then they will loaded up as expected. No stock dictionary is required, unless you need attributes like currency, description, and exchange.

For Futures you also point to this new futures data folder, but then also setup a futures dictionary. Basically connect each data file with a symbol in the dictionary, and then use that symbol in a portfolio for trading in a system.