Forex Clock: Live Feed International Session Times

Discussions about trading the Forex markets.
Bemac
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Forex Clock: Live Feed International Session Times

Post by Bemac »

Hello World.

My name is Bill and I've been trading since the 80's.

This is something I would have found usefull over the last couple of decades.
It is not a solicitation, merely perhaps another tool for your toolbox.

The following is an email I received from a gentleman by the name of Paul Cohen.

I have been working with him {via the web} for the past month or so in trying to develope a NEW CLOCK which would be more in tune with the Global Forex Markets as opposed to just an international clock or even one designed to accommodate Stock Traders. {Which he has on the same Web page btw.}

It is not completed just yet so you still have time to request some changes to it. Especially if you notice an error, that you can confirm, in the trading times. I just watched it as London closed and the countdown time was flashing Red as it got close to Zero. I like that idea.

He is looking for some feedback on his efforts to date and as such, requested that I publish it. Please check it out and respond with any feedback to this thread.

The email

I now have a prototype running at www.worldmarkethours.com/forex/d . Or you can go to www.worldmarkethours.com/forex and hit on the link to the floating desktop display.

I would like to get the data for Hong Kong and any other market at put it on the big display. What I plan to do is give the user the ability to select which markets to show on the floating desktop. Then he/she will be able to save this information in a cookie, and go directly to a customized floating display each time the site is opened. Other than structuring my database to contain the necessary additional data, I have not implemented this. Note that on my original World Stock Market display, I have built-in such sub setting.

I would like some feedback, so you can run with what I now have.

I expect to have to return to Los Angeles later this week, and I do not think that I will not be able to do anything else for the next two to three weeks.

Paul

TIA guys.
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

Post by Bemac »

If you have checked out the website, you may have noticed that there is a dead spot between N. Am. Close and AUS Open of one hour. I don't beleive this can be true.

Any suggestions on what needs to be altered there would be appreciated.

B