CONF Swiss Gov Bond

General discussions about futures.
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

CONF Swiss Gov Bond

Post by RedRock »

Curious how many of you trade this market. The CONF Swiss gov bond.

Interactive Brokers says it is unavailable due to "regulatory restrictions" for US customers. Man financial just removed it from their Mtrade entry platform, which is a step backwards. If I want to trade it through them I have to call the desk and place orders nightly... Not the end of the world, just getting more difficult to keep this in the mix.

Also curious if any of you transmit orders directly to a brokers entry system in batch form automatically, rather than entering each order individually. If so, some tips on setting this up would be most appreciated.

Good weekend all,

rr
BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by BARLI »

I enter my orders through the online platform since its so simple to use and I can use it from anywhere without any downloads needed, what do you mean by automatic batch form though? I dont trade Swiss gov bonds
RedRock
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by RedRock »

BARLI wrote:I enter my orders through the online platform since its so simple to use and I can use it from anywhere without any downloads needed, what do you mean by automatic batch form though? I dont trade Swiss gov bonds
To generate orders via TBB (or another source) Transfer this output to an excel spreadsheet for review and confirmation. Then transmitting that page to the order entry system as is. Bypassing the need to enter 50 or more orders individually, for example.

I suppose something could be done fairly easilly with the IB software interface. They have demo sheets showing the code for entering orders via excel. I suppose a TBB system could be scripted to output orders in a format suited for input. Or the spreadsheet could be set up to do the reformatting. This could be one way to get started.

Curious how others may manage automated batch entry?
BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by BARLI »

aw I gotcha now, when I look for the entry/exit I always look for the best fill I can get using limit orders only, I am biased that I can only do it myself when monitoring the market flow. Forum Mgmnt, or anyone else, do you have personal brokers on the floor? I'm small trader, but those who trade big size (espacially in NY markets like Sugar, Crude Oil, Natural Gas) it'd be an advantage to have a personal brokers in each pit and have a better fills without slippage without moving the market at all, for instance if you want to short Sugar at the open as a day trade placing a limit order with a floor broker at the current (opening ) price would fill you at the exact current price without slippage, while if you're trading from upstairs without a guy on the floor to do the business on your behalf wouldn't fill you at all or if the one would place a market order(at the open) he'd be terribly screwed.