How to lower the blood pressure?

Discussions about personal psychology for the individual trader.
oem7110
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

How to lower the blood pressure?

Post by oem7110 »

I have a plan and strategy on trading, what I need to do is to follow it. But my blood pressure is getting higher, when I watch the market.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Please help
Thank you very much
Eric
Kobeyashi

Post by Kobeyashi »

Delegate to an under-study? :)

Regards,
Kobeyashi
oem7110
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by oem7110 »

What do you mean by "Delegate to an under-study?"
Does it mean "Paper trade"?
Do you have any suggestions on how long it takes to make yourself feel comfortable with your own plan and strategy?
Thank you for any suggesitons
Eric
sluggo
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by sluggo »

I have used the website www.dictionary.com to compose this reply. Maybe you should train yourself to use this website too.

In this instance, "delegate" is a verb. It means
1. to send or appoint (a person) as deputy or representative.
2. to commit (powers, functions, etc.) to another as agent or deputy.

In this case "an under-study" is a noun. It means
1. a performer who learns the role of another in order to serve as a replacement if necessary.

Putting these definitions together, "delegate to an under-study" means

appoint a representative who has learned the role of trader
Mats
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Dont watch then.

Post by Mats »

Use a longer term system, put your orders once a day a do something else fun!

Thats the best agains blood pressure.

Good Luck!
oem7110
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by oem7110 »

Thank everyone very much for any suggestions
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by 7432 »

don't watch the market.
accept that you have a plan and strategy for trading, check your orders morning and night and be done.
spend the rest of your time working on your current strategy or new strategies.
if you accept that your system will initiate a position at price x and liquidate at price y, profit or loss, that's your system and there is nothing you can do about the market.
you can never know if the next trade is the monster loser, monster winner or a scratch, so why worry?
I'm not saying you will ever be as carefree as the person that gets a guaranteed paycheck every week, but realizing there is nothing you can do about the markets, only your system, should help.
BARLI
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by BARLI »

hi oem, there are quite a few suggestions dealing with high blood presure/stress. First, don't drink coffee, it contains microelements that "help us" become more nervous under pressure. Second excersice regularly. I run twice a week 6 kilometers. Sports help to calm down and keep the stress under control.
JonS

Post by JonS »

Eric,

I am not an accomplished trader so I can't offer you advice from that frame. Also there is a considerable amount of talent on this board that migh offer far better advice. Having said that, here are my suggestions for blood pressure and also general health:

(a) If you have a high blood pressure problem make sure it is actively managed by a qualified health professional. Unmanaged high blood pressure is associated with adverse health outcomes.

(b) Watch your diet. Drink less (raises blood pressure); eat less red meat (raises blood pressure); eat more naturally oily fish for Omega 3's (will condition your circulatory; system decreases rythym irregularities; be somewhat concerned about mercury however - maybe choose smaller sized fish from locations you know); eat natural foods high in antioxidants (eg bluberries - they help brain function); eat more fresh fruits and vegetables generally; eat less processed foods, saturated fats and transsaturated fats.

(c) View nuitrition as a key to optimum health rather than as a source of consolation and an escape from stress. Eating too much or of the wrong foods will add stress to your body.

(d) Excercise more and preferably regularly. Make it a part of your good health plan. If you are out of condition, get your doctor's advice. Increase your exercise regime slowely. However, make sure you combine this with good nutrition as in (c) above. If you are a fit person, your body is able to withstand life's stresses better. Recognise the difference between fitness and health. You can be fit and yet unhealthy (if you eat the wrong foods, train to excess or eg, have cardiovascular disease).

(d) Get balance in your life. Life is more than trading. Look at yourself as a successful happy individual glad to be alive.

(e) Find meaning. Being a happy fulfilled individual is not about possessions or even achieving a single goal. Look for ways in which you can grow and expand as an individual, get acknowledged, connect to others and contribute to society

(f) Get grateful. Be thankful for every day and everything you have. Value what is important.
Gratitude will make you feel blessed, reduce your strees levels and help center yourself.

(g) Specifically in respect to trading - reduce/scale down your exposure. My hunch would be that if you are stressed your effectiveness and ability to make calm rational decisions is significantly reduced.

(h) Have a thoroughly tested trading plan, know your market and trading tools. Be prepared and have a strategy, in place and in advance, of all eventualities including unexpected major market corrections, communication interruptions etc

Now I should go implement all of the above myself...

JonS
zacharyoxman
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by zacharyoxman »

I've always found that golfing, working out, yoga and the occasional long drive in the car helps me out.