Any Rhyme Rules for traders?

Discussions about personal psychology for the individual trader.
oem7110
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Any Rhyme Rules for traders?

Post by oem7110 »

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :>
rhc
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rhc »

"He who sells what isn't his'n, must buy it back or go to pris'n."
. . . . . Daniel Drew
fab1usa1
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by fab1usa1 »

Daniel Drew - what an interesting life. Curiously, he was born in the town of Carmel, NY, which is where I purchased my first home and lived for ten years. Let's hope that Mr. Drew's bad luck does not rub off on me!
rhc
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by rhc »

fab1usa1 wrote:Let's hope that Mr. Drew's bad luck does not rub off on me!
wiki link above wrote:Of all the great operators of Wall Street, however, Daniel Drew furnishes the most remarkable instance of immense and long-continued success, followed by utter failure and hopeless bankruptcy
It seems that Mr Drew had a lot of good luck before it all went sour which reminds me of another rhyme;

"You gotta know when to hold 'em and you gotta know when to fold'em" :wink:
. . . . Kenny Rogers
fab1usa1
Roundtable Knight
Roundtable Knight

Post by fab1usa1 »

I put more weight on the last line of Mr. Drew's bio:

"The Panic of 1873 cost him still more, and by 1876, Drew filed for bankruptcy, with debts exceeding a million dollars and no viable assets. He died in 1879, dependent on his son for support."

While its nice to know that Mr. Drew was a phenominal success in his early life, it's what you end up with that counts most to me.

-----------

I find it most interesting that there is a Drew United Methodist Church on the main street in Carmel on Lake Gleneida. The church's website claims: "more that 175 years serving God and community." Let's get out the old calculator: 2013 minus 175 equals 1838. Wikipedia says that Drew's career in finance spanned from 1840 to 1875.